Steps to Become a Franchisee
Complete an online "Request for Information" Form
- Founder, Frank Fagundes handles all franchise sales calls.
- Learn about our concept and review brief questions.
- Discuss qualifications required to become a Franchisee.
Franchise Application Submittal
- Submit an online ‘Individual Application’ along with requested attachments:
- Copy of driver’s license or photo identification of each applicant
- Proof of funding (bank statements, IRA accounts, etc.). If funding is from a private party, a notarized statement with lending amount is required as well as proof of funds.
- You will be sent a questionnaire that tells us a little more about you.
- You will receive Franchise Disclosure Document (FDD) upon Mr. Pickle’s corporate office receiving qualified paperwork.
- Meet with Mr. Pickle’s sales executives, at this meeting, we will discuss:
- Pickle’s franchise format
- Ask background questions and why you are interested in Mr. Pickle’s
- Build out process and timelines
- Training requirements
- Answer question
- Pickle’s corporate team will determine whether the next step is taken to Operational Prequalifying.
- Applicants will attend 5-day operational prescreening where you are able to see the many aspects of our business as well it helps us determine if you are a good fit for our franchise.
- Within 7-days from your operational prequalifying, you will receive written approval or denial letter from Mr. Pickle’s Inc.
- Sign Franchise Agreement and pay a franchise fee of $35,000 by cashier’s check.
Finding the location
- Pickle’s Inc., broker, and/or franchisee assist in finding the location
- Submit site selection form
- Negotiate Letter of Intent (LOI) with landlord
- Execute lease
- Pay Project Management Fee
- Licensed General Contractor bids job
- Plans are submitted for approval
- Construction begins
- Furniture, Equipment, and Inventory are all installed
Mr. Pickle’s University (MPU)
- During construction, you will attend Mr. Pickle’s University
- MPU is 4-weeks of training at our Auburn, CA corporate training shop
- A final Franchisee Test is given at the end of your MPU training and must be passed with a minimum of 86% accuracy
- A checklist is provided to guide you through the administrative setup process - utilities, vendor applications, business licenses, etc. This process can be done during construction and while training in MPU.
Hiring and Training New Employees
- Place hiring ad’s and interview
- Hiring and pretraining begins at your shop
- MPI corporate trainer determines the opening date
- Location opens, the trainer is at your location for another two weeks
The estimated time for this process is approximately 3-6 months, from the time you submit your ‘Request for Info’ until your location is open. The timeline can vary by each city’s planning department approval process.
Mr. Pickle's Inc.
6207 S. Walnut St. Suite 100
Loomis, CA 95650